Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pre-Galilee Outing~


The day before we left for Galilee, we went on a super productive excursion into the Old City to do a few of the things we haven’t been able to get in yet. Such as, get chocolate rugalach, a Jewish pastry that is actually straight from Heaven.
We also went to the Dormitian Abbey, a church of the traditional burial site of Mary, Christ’s mother.


Then we went to the Dome of the Rock....again. I love the Dome of the Rock "like a middle-aged woman loves Diet Coke" -Ethan Carnahan

this little gem would NOT smile.


Then we went to the Western Wall, which we’ve been to before. But it was my first time when it wasn’t super full and we got to sit and write down a prayer and put it in the wall.



Then we went and did the Ramparts walk, which is a walk on top of the Old City walls around the perimeter of the Old City. It was soo amazing and I loved getting a different view of it. We would just pause and look out onto it and I was just over come with love for this place. I had a dream last night that we were already gone and in the airport and I woke up crying. AH! I don’t want to leave!

no, I did not get electricuted. it was just a little windy.
Marcie, Sare, and Carrie my best friends!

the Old City walls view of the Jerusalem Center. My home sweeeeeet home.


I love this country so much. Galilee here I come!

xoxo m

No comments:

Post a Comment