Friday, January 20, 2012

Dome of the Rock

Today was.....fanstastic. We started the day in the gym, went to breakfast, and left for the Dome of the Rock. My first time. I was SO excited and it blew my mind. It is so beautiful! I'm obsessed. My line of the day: The Dome of the Rock is SO anthro. Because it was. We took pictures and soaked in every little piece of mosaic on the building, then got kicked out because the time was over for non-Muslims to be there.


We headed through the Old City, might have gotten stalked by a crazy man, bought a few souvenirs, and headed to West Jerusalem. The mall there is pretty great- we felt like we were at home in America because it was all nice and new and American music was flowing through the air. Sarah, Meredith, and I had some great talks at a little table in the mall as we ate our breakfast. Then we went back to the Old City and met up with our friends at a falafel shop. I had a falafel ball- not a full on sandwich. But it will happen soon and I'm looking forward to it more than anything. But not really. I'm way more excited for other things.....like our field trip to JERICHO tomorrow. 


2 comments:

  1. wow! i want to come be with you! what exactly is falafel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ground up chick peas and other good stuff in a ball and fried. heaven!

    ReplyDelete